Wednesday, March 05, 2008

PhD (Permanent Head Damage)

OK, this was not meant to insult those decent and deserving PhD out there eventhough I and a few of my sour-grape friends used to refer PhD as Permanent Head Damage.

You will be amazed by how far people will go to get it and how easy to get it in Malaysia. Yes, in Malaysia. Malaysia always boleh.

Our Deputy Information Minister, Dr. Ahmad Zahid Hamidi was conferred Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Communication by Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM). And below is the extract from Aisehman......

And what was his thesis about?

Don’t laugh but it’s entitled, “Barisan Nasional Manifesto As Agenda for Malay Language Newspaper During the General Election Campaign”


The study was undertaken to identify the usage of BN manifesto as an agenda for the Malay language newspapers namely Utusan Malaysia and Berita Harian during the general elections in 1982, 1986, 1990, 1995 dan 1999.

Sounds more like literature search than a thesis to me.

I would like to say that my thesis' literature search is better than that!!!!!!!! I wonder how the thesis help to enlighten the society. So, for future undergraduates or post-grad students you know what topic to choose next time.

My suggestions, especially for UPM students :
1. Indelible Ink : The Suggestion, The Objection, The Decision, The Approval and The Cancelation
2. Indelible Ink : How It Will Disrupt Public Order and Threaten Security based on Police Report; 2 from Perlis and 1 each from Kedah and Kelantan
3. BN Media Campaign Monopolisation As A Right-In-Your-Face Advertisement 24/7 As A Sure Win Tactics

But I am an engineering student? How????

1 comment:

Cruel Angel said...

I wonder if he really did the thesis or not?