Sunday, May 20, 2007

Music & TV Update

I am currently listening to:

1. Michael Buble's latest album . "Lost" and "Everything" stands out for me.
2. Sean Ghazi's . Deserved the AIM Best New Artist he won recently. Nice touch-up of P.Ramlee's nostalgic tracks and some decent new tracks. "Semalam", "Kuimpikan Bintang" are outstanding new tracks.
3. Elliot Yamin's debut. Nice ballads and old skool RnB.
4. Chet Lam's Mandarin debut.

Looking for the following singers:

1. German folk singer called Ayo.
2. An indie Taiwan gal who used to sing in pub and nominated in Taiwan Golden Melody award for best new artist. I only know her single called "Bao Bei".

Oh yeah.... my pre-final American Idol was ousted. My salute to Melinda Doolittle.
I dun think I can watch the finale as I am now outstation. Staying in a no-phone hotel, what do u expect its TV can do????????? Maybe I can ask them to change the AXN to Starworld hahaha.... just pray so I can watch the battle between the Blake "Beatbox" Lewis and Jordin "Young" Sparks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm listening to Chet Lam and Zhang Xuan (the indie taiwan girl you mention there). Her song "Scream" is worth listening. I've tried very long to find that song and the singer as when i heard it it's from the radio and i don't know whois the singer and what's the name of the song. Thanks to Taiwan Golder Melody Award that finally i know now. But the problem is i tried to find her album (pirate and original), and can't find it here in KK! Got sooo frustrated! I'm trying to find Chet Lam's album as well, can't find any as well. Do u know where i can get it in KK?

CK said...

Hey there!

before i went into a state of excitement, mind to intro urself?
knowing someone who listening to chat lam and zhang xuan? wow.... i have most of chet lam's album (thanks to my lifetime buddy who owns those albums...). i'm looking for zhang xuan's album too and if my fren is able to get it from HK, then i can lend it to you.
so... do intro urself.

Anonymous said...

haha..sorry...forgot to put my name there...Joey here lah ;)

CK said...

so it's you joey!!!
by the way, which chet lam's album you listening to now?

Anonymous said...

i was actually downloading Zhang Xuan's album from the internet, then suddenly and accidently downloaded one of Chet Lam's song that he change the lyric of this Stephanie Sun's song. The name of the Chet Lam song that i accidently downloaded is By My Side. So i thought he's new cos never heard of him before and when i check his profile...wowww....was surprise he already had a lot of album produced out! So, i can't answer u which album i'm listening to as i just discovered him and not sure which album to start...which one u recommend?

CK said...

actually yu jian is Chet Lam's own song. he's the composer indeed. and he won the best composer for stefanie's song in golden horse film festival.
he started out as an indie singer in HK and his albums are not main stream which explains why he's not popular with the press.
he recently release a mandarin album and also had a theatre musical piece based on the songs of the late danny chan bak kiong.
he has also released an english cover album.
haha... we should talk more...
by the way, any chance to share your downloaded zhang xuan's album? love the song bao bei hehe...

Anonymous said...

add me to ur msn messenger lah... if by any chance i see u online, i send the file direct from there for u (desiree_des2000@hotmail.com)