Sunday, May 20, 2007

Out Of Cyberspace in Lahad Datu, AF5, Bowling and Spiderman 3

You know how *&^%$# up a hotel is when their phone system is out of order for 6 months. I mean the whole freaking 6 months!!!!!! Tat's half a year!!!!

I am staying in the "supposedly" best hotel in Lahad Datu and yes, their phone system is out of order. Not only it cannot dial out (which means you can't even use dial-up, however slow it is!!!), it can't dial the reception even. I had to go down to the reception to ask for an iron and iron board!!! And that hotel is 3-star rated man!!!!!

Then I go survey another hotel which is new and you know what, nothing is malfunction but inherently all the rooms have no dial-out facility. If they wanna dial out, they have to go down to the reception to call out!!!! OK, I know I can't blame anyone cox I should get myself some hp enabled internet connection services.

So I ended up in a nice place near the sea side called Conrado's Cafe. It's quite a hip and happening place in LHD and they have a band playing on Wed-Sat! Not bad huh? And now they have the big TV screen playing channel 16 Hitz.TV and Alanis Morrisette is singing the acoustic version of Hands in My Pocket.

Browsed through Dr. Au's blog just now and surprised he did a write-up on me!!! Guess he did tat subsequent to my previous post of "kind-of-apology" thingy regarding bullying him but getting his reply post was certainly not my intention. Found that he has SUPERB memory!!! He remembers most of the things, just like my frens, Sherry and Julia.

Watched the final of Akademi Fantasia 5 (AF5) in my hotel room just now... no choice, other channel being TV1, TV2, Hallmark (showing the repeat-to-death movie) and AXN (another repeat). Having watched that, I felt the star of the show was not the finalist but Aznil Nawawi, the host instead! He announced few weeks before that this will be his last season hosting so all the contestants, current and previous did a farewell thingy for him and of course, tears rolled down as it should be cox it's a AF for Pete's sake!!! Talking about Aznil, I remember chatting with my sister about him. Both of us watched him in TV like 15 years ago in TV3 in a musics show called Pop Kuiz. It's shown every Sat 6pm if I am not wrong. His co-host is Rina Khan. I wonder how many of you out there watch that. Well, he didn't changed a bit from thsoe days to be frank.

Oh yeah... what I did this weekend? Playing some bowling in the Champs in Sandakan. Nice classy place, the name and deco though the bowling alleys sucks, BIG TIME!!! The computers were out of order and the some of the attendants were not helpful, refused to help us to compute the scores!!! Of course, my bowling scores sucks big time too..... I remembered vividly about 10 years ago, we used to frequent the CPS Bowling Centre in Centre Point, KK. It was our Form 6 years and staying in hostel really suppress us and come weekend, it's our relief time and we stormed to KK either to play bowling or watch movies. It's cheap for students that time and among us, Bernard Wong is the most terror among us. And his skills and style also notable!!! Of course, liangmoi, Bernard, CA and gang used to enjoy movie by bribing the ticket conductor and the stupid me never thought of doing that!!!!!!!!!! My memory watching movie that time??? I lost my wallet once with my IC and cards and stuff and also, surviving the whole 3 gruelling-hours of Titanic.

Speaking of movie, watched Spiderman with my sis last night and for me, it was not bad indeed. I mean, it's enjoyable and entertaining though it can do better with less characters and better actions scenes (yup, I mean it, their were not quite the standards of big-budgets like Spidey or any other blockbuster franchise). So now... looking forward to Pirates 3 and Shrek 3 to complete the 3some's 3rd installments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi.....i m liangmoi chiam friend ...mary cheh...do u remember me?? just give some comment on spiderman 3 since u talking about that movie..
i remember last nite i bring my cousin go to watch spiderman 3, when there is more chararter and less action, he just stand up and suddenly say wanna go home it was very boring..whole movie that 3 yrs old little boy say about 10 times oh...really make me mad..hahahah thats why i fully support wht u say it can do more better with less chararter and more action.hahha

Anonymous said...

hi.....i m liangmoi chiam friend ...mary cheh...do u remember me?? just give some comment on spiderman 3 since u talking about that movie..
i remember last nite i bring my cousin go to watch spiderman 3, when there is more chararter and less action, he just stand up and suddenly say wanna go home it was very boring..whole movie that 3 yrs old little boy say about 10 times oh...really make me mad..hahahah thats why i fully support wht u say it can do more better with less chararter and more action.hahha

CK said...

of cox i remember u lah mary jeh!!!
i can imagine tat 3 yo kid keep asking to leave the cinema haha!!!