Monday, May 12, 2008

Orang Besi


Yeah....the Malay title of the movie Ironman. I am not a great fans of comics...in fact as I said many times before, I have no comics or cartoons in my childhood so deprived right? Hence, I have no special affection to the cartoon or comic series.



When I was in KK last working trip and having dinner buffet steamboat with Jason and Esther, Thomas and Quek, Andrew and Kathy and Eyen (by the way, the RM25 eat-all-you-can in Four Season in KK is goood and very dai hehe...), Jason strongly recommend the movie. OK, out of being bored, and also the fact that bowling didn't happen due to Mr. Wong need to attend to multiple-Mother's Day celebration, I and liangmoi went to watch the movie. Liangmoi has no inkling of what the movie is all about and I am half-tank on the whole story. I was tempted to watch due to the good comments around and also the fact Robert Downey Jr. is in it. Other supporting casts are interesting as well, i.e. Gwyneth Paltrow and Terrence Howard.


Robert Downey Jr. the poster-boy of the comeback career and drug addiction recovery

And it turn out to be entertaining and worth the time and money spent. The part that is a bit laughing material for us is when the Ironman fly to the moon (insert the electronica version of Tony Bennett's Fly Me To The Moon....). Another thing is that the bad guys always the terrorist in places like Middle East, Africa and this time it's in Afghanistan. Seems like Afghan get prominent airplay now with the latest being The Kite Runner.

1 comment:

Cruel Angel said...

Going to watch it tonight!

Has been waiting for my illegal sources for months but no coming!

I guess they got caught!