Friday, October 28, 2005

Melinda and Melinda



OK, I always wanted to watch a movie by Woody Allen and recently I got his latest work, Melinda and Melinda (M&M). Oppss.... I forgot that I watched The Curse of the Jade Scorpion (TCotJS). Heard a lot of his works before but never really watched his classic work like Hannah and her sisters etc. TCofJS is quirky and I love the music used, it's jazz. In M&M, jazz is featured prominently and I love the setting. The New York thingy always blend well with jazz and he did it effortlessly. Not having watched a lot of his movies, I dun think I'm qualified to criticize anything but I have some feeling of lacking something after watching M&M. It's like half-way through your throat, which is frustrating coz it's not really satisfy your hunger but at the same time, it will be too much to have another meal. Got it? OK, I'll get his other works and watch.
Some interesting but cliche quotes :
Comic or tragic, the most important thing to do is enjoy life while we can because we only go round once, and when it's over, it's over! (Could this be more cliche?????)
We laugh trying to mask our fear for mortality. (OK, this seems deep)
Finally, I think this applies to me; Get out and reinvest your emotion. Don't indulge your depression. (Yeah... I gotta reinvest and is my depression an indulgence?)

No comments: