Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A weeks' rants

Wow.... I was overwhelmed by last week. Having just came back from strenuous mid-year meeting, I was stressed out and pressurized. Gotta get some pressure relief valve to vent it out. Yeah.. it's normal as being in the sales line, target is sth that keep you moving and at the same time, keep pressing you to the maximum. Hard to say but what to do? It's your job, take it or leave it!
The whole last week was very much interesting, having the UMNO annual assembly, the AP thingy and the whole MCA and Gerakan annual meeting was overshadowed by UMNO proceedings. Being the biggest party of the nation, it's not unusual that the whole media attention was diverted to it. Being the first changeover of the meeting with Pak Lah as the penghulu and without the ever outspoken Mahathir... it's kinda refreshing. What I would like to say is that racial remarks were everywhere during this whole eventful week. I was never a fan of Lim Keng Yaik but I kinda salute him for daring to comment and actually "suggest" that we should analyze and review why our Malay brothers still unable to achieve the 30% target as per the NEP wanted like wat, 34 years ago??? Well, personally I would say Dr. Lim's suggestion seems to be logical to me. When something's can't be achieved, we must review and analyze before embarking on a plan to rectify them. Small people like me, for example, will review my performance and plan when I can't achieve the target for my mid-year sales figure. But sad enough, Dr. Lim's remark was being marked as racist by one of the Menteri Besar. Wow.... racist??? A mere suggestion is racist? I just don't understand, we heard more severe remarks by our UMNO Youth friends and we never brand that as racist. Memang membimbangkan. Then Dr. Lim's remark was being "asam-jeruk"kan till I saw a paper showed Dr. Lim's comment as "it can't go on and on". Well... I'm asking the same question. When? Dr. Lim's added some other interesting suggestion.... asking our brothers to compete with other global players and not focusing the other races.... Hahaha.... muhibah lah kononnya!!! Another interesting facts about muhibahness as we like it. Go and pay attention to the latest ad on our merdeka day by RTM. Small kids were featured in the whole ad but if you notice and scrutinize carefully, some of the races are not represented. Haha....... muhibahlah kononnya. But I can't help but wonder since last time, it's always politically correct and feature ALL the major races in any national-celebration ads. Yeah... maybe we are racist after all!!!! If we remember Yasmin Ahmad's ad on the Budi Bahasa campaign was being criticised as racist and not protraying the truth coz the actor who's obviously without budi bahasa is our brother's race. So, how should it be done? Put other races' as the bad guy then it'll not be racist????? Gosh.... I dunno what's the logic of these of group people. I bet they're those who climbed up the wall and gate of Selangor Chinese Chamber's premise few years back after the Dong Jiao Zhong stating their stand on the Chinese education policy.
Then another is AP vs Proton. I read with full interest on Kak Dah's (supposed to be nama glamour given by her Youth brothers) attempt to rest down the critics that condemned her openly in the meeting, It was reported that she was booed and jeered when she mentioned at one time the quality of Proton cars. And the crowd shouted out "Hidup Proton"???? Gosh.... I'm wondering are those who shouted own a Proton car??? If it's not the cheapest car in the market (just comparing price without thinking about the quality and reliability), I wonder how many of us will buy it. Minta maaf???? Haha..... Dr. Shahrir Samad mentioned one interesting facts regarding our Kak Dah and Tun's relationship. "She was his favourite minister and now they are quarelling. It marks the end of something but don't ask me what" Isn't this better than the paparazzi surrounding the Taiwanese star, Lin Zhi Ling????
Then what else??? Yea... the MCA election was like peanut compared to the big hoo-ha of UMNO assembly. What to do? Like the HKies says...... "admit your fate" lah! De-peg of RM. Finally. Let's see what're the effect...... Pak Lah say kita boleh mah
On lighter note, had a fun night karaoke with ex-classmated. We managed to get 10 of them to gather and sing our heart out. It's always fun to get together esp when we're going to have our reunion next CNY....
I'm still reading The Lexus and The Olive Tree. 2 more new books is coming, thanks to Sophia who supplied them to me. I read the Haruki Murukami's Norwegian Wood before and I think now it's better timing to read it as I was too young at that time. Another one is a book on Wong Kar Wai's film, should be nice and informative as I love his movie.
Yeah.... watched divergence by Aaron Kwok, Daniel Wu and Ekin Cheng. Memorable "trying-too-hard" performance from Aaron. Female characters are just "flower vase" as in the films of the Mou-Gan-Dou-esque theme. But Ning Jing is shining; not only her bald head look but her Beijing-qiang-esque Mandarin is attractive. Haha..... Wat else to ask for??? A Sunday afternoon entertainment. No complaint.
Tomorrow gonna watch The Island. Starred by Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johannson, two bankable actor-ish type of artisan, it was mixed-reviewed as some says it's good but some says mediocre. Yeah...another Michael Bay's flick, for me, it's just for the sake of Ewan and Scarlett.
Currently listening to Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" and Buble's latest album. Maybe I haven't listen to Carey's song these latest few years, it sounded OK lah. Buble ah...... OK and I love his "Home". It generated some mixed feeling in me, a lonely soul who had been staying out for more than 10 years!!!!

No comments: