Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Welcome Back to Sandakan, CK


Though I had moved my base back to Sandakan, the fact had not hit me that hard yet. The real pang of truth occurred last Sunday when I arrived in the evening time about 6pm and found out that there was POWER DISRUPTION. For my beloved Sabahans, this may not come as any surprise, especially those from Sandakan.

So, bring it on... But what irritated me is that this is not "FULL" power disruption, which means that there were some houses in my neighbourhood had power supply while some pity ones such as my house get nothing at all!!

While I was struggling to find my torchlight in the dark (darn... where did I put it???), my neighbour few houses away was blaring Lee Mao Shan to the full volume (ok, maybe not full volume cox in the silence of no power supply, it may appears to be very loud). As if that's not enough, she decided to enchant the whole neighbourhood with her horrifying version of Teresa Teng's classic.

Thank God the power came back soon after that. With the fans starting to cool off the air in the stuffy space, I said thank you, for the welcome gesture of my beloved hometown Sandakan.

P/S : Extended welcome to Alan de Great who's back with her gal and maybe having konlou mee in Sibuga market though I seriously doubted it since it's only 757am now.

1 comment:

mclai said...

Welcome back to "The Nature City". Everyday can be a nature day, cheers...