Sunday, December 02, 2007

Scam - Finally

Read about the telephone scam in the papers frequently and heard from some of my friends that they receive those scam calls as well but...ok, touch wood, I haven't............

tat is until....few days ago.

Hello, can you speak Mandarin (she spoke in Mandarin)
Me : Yes.
I'm calling from ^%$ Electronic Company (still in Mandarin)
Me : du....du....du.....

HANG UP THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


P/S : The weather is gloomy in this part of the world now. Guess the monsoon rain is on the way already. Inevitable you say? Yup. It's the same every year you say? Yup. And who am I to change it? Beware of the sun and rain, it's the great recipe for flu and related sickness.

2 comments:

Cornelius said...

Hi CK,

I find this very interesting. I was hunting in KL last Saturday, and I received a call from a lady over the phone asking me if I can speak Mandarin. I told her quite truthfully that I can't (I can only speak Hakka). And then she was suddenly off the line. What scam are they up to? Please elaborate the tricks, and do I have to do anything to defend myself? Thanks.

CK said...

defend yourself?
just hang up will do. easy.