Tuesday, December 04, 2007

昊恩&家家 vs Double Take


I mentioned in my previous posts on the CDs I bought from Taiwan [here] and the one that I took the pics with it as the background is the best among them all... oh yeah... even better than Tanya.

It's a group called 昊恩家家 (Hao En Jia Jia) which snatched the Best Music Performance of Group in the recent Taiwan Golden Melody Awards 金曲奖. Their album is the MUST-BUY item when I decided to visit Taiwan.

The verdict? I LOVE the album and so far, I burned a copy for my sister, Sophia (did I?) and also a treasured friend...hmm...also a few copies to be ready to pass to others. Yup, tat extend.

A search in the YouTube yielded in some very nice snippets of their performances in some Taiwan TV Variety Shows including the Kang Xi Lai Le 康熙来了 and Hei Si Hui Mei Mei as well as some launching mini shows in a bookshop, some concerts snippets and live performance in some intimate pub scene such as 女巫店。Speaking of which I have to check 女巫店 out the next time I'm in Taiwan.

Provided the link of some really nice YouTube here and enjoy.
This is from 康熙来了 and besides Hao En and Jia Jia 家家, they also featured 戴爱玲 (Dai Ai Ling) and 林凡 (Lin Fan), a funny segment indeed. 家家 did a version of "Close To You" and her low husky voice is very sexy.

All the above is their live performance in 女巫店.

This one is on Hei Shi Hui. I never really love the song 月亮代表我的心 (Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin) yup yup... I dun like overdone stuff but their "RnB"ed version is good. Well...way much better than David Tao's version in his previous albums.

Also in Hei Shi Hui where Jia Jia 家家 did 2nd vocal.


OK, why I drag Double Take here as well? I guess it's very obvious. They are very similar. I mean both are duo, with a female vocal and a male finger guitarist. And of course both 家家 and Mia Palencia have big voice and they both MESMERISED me.



Previous write-up of Double Take.


NOW MY WILDEST DREAM IS TO SEE THESE TWO GROUPS PERFORMING ON STAGE, JAMMING!!!!! Will definitely mention this to Mia's Brabon Entertainment. Maybe in next year's 2nd KK Jazz Festival?

No comments: