Wednesday, February 27, 2008

KK City Tourism Treasure Hunt (Part 2)

I woke up at 530am in the morning and as a routine, went to washroom. Then, I got a message on my mobile and it's from Leslie, one of our team mate.
"very very bad stomachache since last night. Wanna go hospital. You pls continue without me."
What????? 4 brains left 3. How??? Anyway, I know it's really serious because a hunt freak like him won't make this kind of things up. So, half-heartedly I sent him a msg asking him to take care.
When we reached Nexus Karambunai, everybody asking where's Leslie? Whatever!!! We gotta call him afterwards. Hope he's in a condition good enough to join us later.
The hunt as usual started with some exercise/aerobic. But wait........... it started with the song "Colour of the Wind" by Vanessa Williams from Pocahontas!!!! I have nothing against the song but as an exercise tune???? Maybe it's just some warm-up cox it later changed to some heart-pounding beat. Ya......
It's the usual hunt affair but with more activities and games to spice up the challenges and hopefully attract some newbies. The questions and hunt report can be viewed in Corny's blog here. For us, this hunt is an achievement because we got the treasures right and confident with the answers. Unlike previous time, we are quite sure this time and it's a good thing. We know the weakness in treasure always kill us in the hunt. Usual affair ending in Karambunai and thankfully, the activities this time is better than last year's, in my personal opinion.

Shown above is the newspaper bits that left at the back of my shorts which I found while eating and waiting for the result. Well... it's a part of the cawat that I made to pose in one of the challenge. Errrmmm....the pic taken was not posted as it's obscene and not suitable for public use.

The wait is definitely agonizing. I mean it's torturing. The result was delayed due to some technical glitch of the laptop used and it made the wait even more torturing. Luckily with Leslie's chanting "makan, makan, makan......" we get to eat while the glitches were being rectified. Leslie's chant was not play-play one cox when someone in our table mentioned the light is quite dim, the lightness was increased after he proceed to chant, "lampu, lampu, lampu.....".

I save you the trouble of listening to me ranting about the agonizing wait but the wait turned out to be worthwhile as we got 3rd place!!!!!! RM2000 cash prize c/w other voucher and prizes totalling to RM7190. This is not the first time we hit the podium but it's definitely the biggest in terms of prize money.

1st and 2nd place winners are Grandmasters from KL.

Arrrggghhhhhh..... so near yet so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No air ticket for 3rd place!!!!!!!!!!

The ticket to Macau and Jogja literally flied away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speaking of the tickets prize, I seriously think that it should be via KK instead of KL. this sentiment was shared by some other participants. or maybe DBKK thinks that the ticket will not be won by local participants??????

(the previous tickets before the changes were via KK to Seoul, Guangzhou and Manila respectively)

7 comments:

steph said...

Congrats on ur win ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hehehe ;)

Dont forget the karaoke session..

HAHAHA.....

chongerin said...

aiyo, missed liao..

Anonymous said...

Hi CK! Claire here from Corny's blog. Congratulations on your podium finish! Way to go!

I hope to try hunting in KK soon. :)

CK said...

THANKS Claire. Dun try, nike it. Just Do It.

C u in the hunt!!!

Anonymous said...

CK, I wish I can "Just Do It". Was thinking if I go all the way to KK for a hunt, I might as well spend a couple more days there and do some sight-seeing. Heh heh. :)

So when are you coming to KL for hunts... like Corn?

Anonymous said...

I like treasure hunt. It's fun. ;)