Friday, February 15, 2008

Simplicity Rules - Juno


I admit it. I like quirky little movies which are simple and nice. Throw in a little heart-warming in some quirky little plot and reasonable amount of humour, that works for me. Just like last year's Little Miss Sunshine (you can read my afterview here), Juno is this year's (or rather 2007's) equivalent. And just like LMS, it was also nominated for 4 Oscars. LMS took home original screenplay and supporting actor (Alan Arkin) and lost out in Best Movie and Best Supporting Actress (an adorable performance by Abigail Breslin). Juno was nominated for Best Actress (Ellen Page - she's natural and a joy to watch), Original Screenplay, Best Movie and also Director.
The screenplay was written by Diablo Cody. Some trivial about her? She's a stripper with the blessing of her husband, whom she knew from internet. Lessons learned? You can find love in internet and 行行出状元 (every field has its scholars).

1 comment:

Cruel Angel said...

She is cute... but the movie is kinda dull!

I watch it for 15min and cant continue..

Maybe I should!