Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another Round-Up of The Week

I had been outstation, back to my HQ for meeting and training. Normally this is something I look forward to because I can take the chance to meet up with some old friends and catch up with each other but this time around, I don't have much mood. Of course, aside from having a nice catch up with my best buddy and her husband to celebrate her birthday, it's all work only.
The week is definitely not quiet, at any rate or standard for the political scenario in Malaysia and this time, especially in Sabah. The SAPP fiasco didn't manage to spark any surprise for most of the Sabahans I am sure and everybody is waiting to see the drama minggu ini which is certainly than the ones playing in RTM.
I was "fortunate" enough to watch the national news over TV, yup, thanks to the boring channels available at the Holiday Villa Hotel, Subang Jaya I was reduced to watching national news in TV3. The clip which Raymond Tan speaking about his decision to stick with SAPP even if it's being expelled from BN linger in my mind. I think he got his 5 mins fame already on national TV and good for him. He's practically off the radar for most of Malaysians and locals revered him indeed. He won his seat with big majority in a constituent used to be Chinese-majority. I remembered seeing him shopping with his wife in Centre Point KK in his plain cloth without the usual patrol of bodyguards typical of someone of his status as the Deputy Chief Minister of Sabah. And now seeing him holding his tear on TV answering questions from the journalists, well, time changes I am sure. And politcian still a politician.
Tomorrow will be the climax for this edition of the drama. Waiting patiently.....

No comments: