Monday, June 02, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Well.. it's kind of a must-watch movie being a fan of the series in my childhood time. Also not to forget that I was having a treasure hunt dream phase in my childhood where I always wake in the middle of the night from the "high" of finding the treasure, be it a chest of gold, the cave filled with treasure and stuff but the "potong stim" thing is that I always wake up before manage to count how many gold bars in the chest or just when I saw the glistering gold reflection of the gold-filled cave. Maybe that's why I like treasure hunt now huh? Yeah... bring it on Corny!!! Waiting for your hunt this month!!! And met Bernard and Christine in Sandakan 2 days in a row seems like a premonition to the hunt hahaha..... (hope you guys have a nice holiday here in Sandakan).
So, did the movie disappoint me? Hmm.... not really though I prefer some of the scenes to be less CGI in some way. I and liangmoi both had problem with the scene where Shia's character swinging from tree to tree during the chasing scene. Monkey king anyone?
Apart from that, it's good to see Harrison Ford back to his defining role here. OK, he's old but hey, that shouldn't be a prob right. He got a son now, Shia. I couldn't help but wonder that it will be even nicer if Sean Connery agree to jump on board so that it will be 3 generation together. Happy family huh? I hate to say this but I think I like the previous one better, especially the one with the Holy Grail. Just couldn't forget the part where Jones had to choose the cup of life, which turned out to be a wooden one than the most luxuriously-ornamented piece. See, movies teach valuable lessons to all, even kid like me haha.... Or maybe because I just watched the repeat of it during my recent stay in one of the hotels in one of the channels in one of the outstation nights.
And as usual, Cate Blanchette sizzles. This time she's in new territory, being an obsessed Russian academically-inclined army. The slang and the bob wow....

4 comments:

Cruel Angel said...

Just like Rocky Balbo & Rambo 4, this is just the last effort to grab some money from their die hard fans!

Purely Con!

CK said...

you're wrong and right.

wrong cox it's not gonna be the last one and right cox it's such a profitable franchise.

Anonymous said...

What's the odds of swinging on a tree vine from one side and then to the other side where another vine is ready for that person to grab and continue his swing?

And then what's the odds of that happening over and over again? (assuming that his hands won't get blistered to the bones).

And finally, what's the odds of that person to land exactly into the seat of a fast-moving jeep, unhurt?

CK said...

corny,

exacto mundo. tat's how i feel too. but anyway, it's a movie.