Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mom's New Playground

Once in a while, I will play the character of a mom's good son. And yesterday (Saturday) I played one and this time it involves some manual labour.
Mom needs a new place to hang her orchid plants. She had a make shift one at the back and with the overgrowing numbers of plants that she's having now, she's in a dire need to find a better place to host them. So, she "revived" back the "hanging garden" at the side of our house. She got someone to make the steel bar to strengthen the existing structure. She bought the black netting and we "sew" the nettings together and made the roof out of it. Actually most of the job was done and I provide purely manual labour haha... Of course, the labour not only includes the new hanging garden but also moving around some big pot plants around. Also pre-composting work of the soil for future gardening use as well.

She didn't have lots of unique species flowering yet and this one is one of the usual one.


I love this. Why? Cox my mom creatively rescue the plant. The flower pot was broken and my mom made a make-shift pot with few wooden planks nailed around the pot and it turned into another pot! Mom's great!!!

4 comments:

Cruel Angel said...

Wah!!!

I thought is Father's day le...

But I think u should let Orchid stay wild...

Wild ORchic...

Do you have the BIRD OF PARADISE?

I love one of those!

RunWitMe said...

Awwww....how sweet! :)

chongerin said...

It's amazing mothers could exude so much strength and energy and instinct for survival for others.. in this entry - for plants.. even plants, so much love displayed to!!

CK said...

CA,
any pic of birds of paradise?

RWM,
haha... kind of.

erin,
exacto mundo.