Thursday, June 05, 2008

God Willing.......


Well, reading can really get someone HOT under the collar and blood boiling and stuff. And the recent one is this statement:

"God willing I hope Malaysians will not demonstrate over this," Abdullah said (Malaysiakini).


Wow.... I think the Malay translation will start with Insya-Allah and with all due respect, I think starting that sentence with that and the way he semi-joke about the whole thing is a disrespect!!!!


The pics and video was taken during my recent travel to Yogyakarta where the university students demonstrating peacefully on the main street of Yogyakarta, Jln Malioboro to the resident (or is it office) of the Ruler of Yogyakarta (yes, Yogya is known as DIY, which means Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta) known as the Sultan as well.


So, is AAB afraid of this?

My take on the price hike scenario... it's ineveitable. But again, I was frustrated by the way the government handled the whole episode and also the plan and effort to buffer the effect especially the domino effect that will certainly further detoriate the common people's life.

And that hasn't been taking into account on things like how the savings from the subsidies being used and distributed back to the people. Why the IPPs via the lopsided agreement were continuously spared from the subsidy retract? The suspicious cash rebate back subsidy structure and its mechanism of implementation. Gosh, I have to stop or else my blood keep boiling and I don't want to drive myself to clinic. And shit, the diesel increased RM1 and I didn't fill the tank full last night!!!!!

2 comments:

Hope said...

I hate it when they always compare us to other countries and tell us to be grateful that we are one of the cheapest, and that the government is still considering the rakyat.

what they should do first is to make all the three government advisors to quit their job. That is already RM 1.134 million a year.

CK said...

selective comparison that is.

i'm sure lots can be saved if UMNO hav some conscience to drop all the "kang tou" to all its associated cronies via lopsided agreements and inflated contract. but after 50 yrs of doing so... can they stop? no, unfortunately.