Sunday, July 29, 2007

Do You Bowl?



Malaysia is well known for its bowling squad and we have many players who made it in the international arena and now the planning is to let them compete in professional circuit in Europe and the managed to clinch some coveted title. So do you bowl?

I remembered when I was still studying in La Salle in Form 6, one of the highlight of the boarding life is that we get weekend holiday every fortnight. Besides that, every Friday is also a heaven for us as we normally take bus, the pink-mini bus from the Rumah Pangsa to Centre Point in KK and the usual activities are either watch movie or bowling (or for the nerdy me... go to public library and window-shopping in CD stores... remember the sliding door CD store in Kg. Air anyone????).

The usual suspect who's always bowl are Cikgu W and liangmoi and of course the sound-system Lai. The others are going for movies, tingtongdiam (amusement centre) or busy paktoh.

And the old bowling alley in Sdk was recently revived its operation after the cinema next to it was reopened and it becomes a hub for some activities there. A restaurant was in operation, Le Champ? The bowling alley was called Champion Bowling or something... betul kah? The only qualm I had is the score board was not working and the scoring was done manually on a piece of paper on a clip board!!!!!!!!!!!!! How turn off it is right??? Well... we played still.....




This was the 1st time I played with liangmoi there and you can see the scores were pathetic. We were barely hitting 90 points and liangmoi even................. 2 times.............. hahha........ Sorry liangmoi for spoiling ur reputations here......





This one was the latest, dated 27th July 2007. As you can see, the score of me and liangmoi has improved but the star is definitely Cikgu W. He hasn't playing for the last 10 years and his points are consistently exceeding 100 points!!! Well, I made my record as well cox I never bowled high points like 142 that I got. I got 2 consecutive strikes though missed the chance of getting a turkey but a spare after that is not that bad huh? I'm not a skillful player so I'm very much contented with this score, which explained why I got a low 89 the 2nd game!!!! Haha.... speaking of consistency huh?

4 comments:

Cruel Angel said...

Those were to GOOD OLD DAYS... When we are young & naive. I didnt blow since then but would like to try out with our guys again.

Sandakan Bowling centre? Is so sentimental to be able to bowl there again... Life is Good

Lurv u Brother

Live Life Cool

CK said...

yeah... good old days.
you know wat? v can relive the old days when u r back in kk in october lah...

Anonymous said...

i'll be back !! hahahaha....

Anonymous said...

i'll be back !! hahahaha....