Sunday, July 08, 2007

"SUNSETLESS" Sutera Harbour Sunset Charity Run


The worrying signs : no sunshine. the clouds are dark. the sky is gloomy. WILL THERE BE ANY SUNSET?????


It's the 2007 Sutera Harbour Charity Run on 07.07.07 and it has all the necessary drama and unique coincidence (like it's the 7km run, 7th run and stuff....) but not being heavily promoted, not even in the local papers. Of course, you get news like what company sponsored and submitted their application forms etc but since it's the 2007 Visit Malaysia Year, I think it will be logical to make it big, especially considering the fact that not many runs in Malaysia is being organized at the evening, as mostly in the morning.


SO, WAS THERE ANY SUNSET???? ANSWER : NO SUNSET


Having said that, the run was still a fun one.


The main stage ready for some performances and prize giving after the run, Sutera Harbour Marina Club.

Roaming around the club before the run starts. The dork with ships parked, presenting another look with the gloomy sky color as compared to last year's amazing sunset.
Another on the ship.

The kids were waving to me to take their pics, exciting to start their run.

Me posing in front of the kids as if I'm the singer performing on stage with a bunch of screaming fans haha.... I was totally dreaming.


On the mini-stage before the run.

The crowd working on the aerobics before the run.

"We can't wait anymore.....we wanna run!!!!"

Hell break lose....

"Let the kids run first....we follow suit"

The crowd is dispersing... no more sardine packed.

A wonder of human reclaimation - man made beach.

Another shot of the man-made beach.

The great love of father.

Youngsters nowdays strive for individuality. The boring (though the V-shape neck added some edgy touch) run t-shirt was being cut sleeveless and here they are, the cool chicks years to come. Nice work there and great pose too gals!

A "extremely-fake" running pic. Haha... asked run-with-me to take my pic as if I'm on my returning journey while I'm indeed still on the way hahahahaha......

My friend, Eric Seah who's always a runner and of course, way ahead of me.

Spotted a flight on the way.

Teo, my treasure hunt buddy now will be my Sunset Run buddy.

Again, civic lesson for throw-rubbish-to-the-bin should be teached.

The coastal fly-over.

Oh.... Kim Tsuey on the run too. I better run cox she seemed to threatening me with her pointing fingers.

With Teo.

There goes the performance and the emcee from the Traxx.fm, Greenman and Jeremy.

Under the big umbrella.....

The show begins.....

The gal started to sing....

She goes Ella Ella eh eh eh eh umbrella...........

The crowd doing YMCA...

The run was soo fun and deserved to be bigger and the 10000 KKian who turned out despite minimal promotion will definitely be bigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Cruel Angel said...

Seems like KK is going to be some happening place...
Miss home le! But thinking of all the sweats of running in the hot & humid weather kinda kill me off

CK said...

it's very happening now. im sad that i hav to leave KK as my base. huh... so sentimental suddenly