Sunday, July 29, 2007

Xiao Yu - Ah Yue (小宇 - 张震岳)

Ah yue always strike me as someone who's good at ballad or touching songs. Surprised? Many will be influenced by his other noisy, loud and lyrically-offending songs but he has lots of slow tunes which melt hearts. Yup, many tend to remember his catchy 爱的初体验 (若你是我的洗发水。。。) or 分手吧 or the song tat catapulted Li, Xin-Jie back to singing, 自由 (zhi you), the offensive 放屁 (Fang Pi - Fart),我要钱 (Wo Yao Qian - I Want Money) or Free Night or 干妹妹 (Gan Mei Mei - God Sister), or the 18-SX ones in 0204 but his real captivating songs to me are always the slow numbers. His voice sounds quite sad but not too-over-the-top kinda feel, suits me well. His early works such as 秘密 (Mi Mi - Secret), 勇气 (Yong Qi - Bravery), 在凌晨 (Zai Ling Chen - Dawn), 爱我别走 (Ai Wo Bie Zou - Love Me Dun Go), 我会想念你 (Wo Hui Xiang Nian Ni - I Will Think of You) are some of my favourites and testaments to his versatility in his music talent.
He wrote many songs for other singers as well. Most of them were well received though many didn't realize it's actually composed by him. 我给的爱 (Wo Gei De Ai - The Love I Gave) by 杨乃文 (Yang Nai Wen - Faith Yang) and Let Go by Sandy Lam 林忆莲 are my favourites.
Xiao Yu - Ah Yue (小宇 - 张震岳)
总有些惊奇的奇遇
(there's always some magical encounter)
比方说当我遇见你
(such as meeting you)
你那双温柔剔透的眼睛
(your gentle crystal clear eyes)
出现在我梦里
(keep coming in my dreams)
我的爱就像一片云
(my love is like a cloud)
在你的天空无处停
(floating without stop in your sky)
多渴望化成阵阵的小雨
(hoping to turn into drizzling rain)
滋润你心中的土地
(moisturing the land in your heart)
*不管未来会怎么样
(no matter how the future will be)
至少我们现在很开心
(at least we are happy now)
不管结局会怎么样
(no matter how the ending will be)
至少想念的人是你
(at least the one I miss is you)
我不会把它当作游戏
(I will not take it as a game)
因为我真心对你*
(because I treat you true from my heart)
总有些话是不能提
(there's always some unspoken words)
怕你会表露选择题
(afraid that you will make a choice)
我把情感自私的那一面
(I put aside my selfish side of my feeling)
隐藏在黑夜里
(hidden in the darkest night)
我的爱就像一片舟
(my love is like a small boat)
在你的心湖无处停
(floating without stop in your heart)
寻寻觅觅一个美丽的港湾
(looking for a beautiful harbour)
希望不再流浪飘荡
(hoping not to wandering ainlessly)
repeat *
我想真的跟你在一起
(I really want to be with you)
如果你还是没法相信
(if you really cannot believe this)
真的没关系
(it's really ok)
我会安静的离去
(I will leave silently though I won't leave my B)

1 comment:

a human bean said...

I agree. Ah Yue is brilliant at slow songs. Xiao Yu is one of the most loveliest songs I've heard. His lyrics can be poetic or straight forward, but one can always see the truth in them. I think that's one of the best qualities of Ah Yue--he reflects his feelings without exaggerating things.