Monday, July 27, 2009

My Moment with Yasmin......

I think it was at least 3 years ago... or approximately that time. I still stay in the BH during my days based in KK. I went to watch a movie on a Thurs (or was it Sat night?) night with MC but forgot what movie was that. I was tuning in to AiFM (previously known as Radio 5 - Mandarin) which was a rare thing especially when I am not in Sandakan (as Sandakan have no other Astro radio... even to this day). The reason I tuned in is because of a DJ called Ji An. His programs are the ones that I listened to (love his programs of movies, music and dialects... I will blog about that later).

And guess what, it's Yasmin Ahmad being featured in the show!!!! I think it's Sepet that she's talking on the radio. But I think that time was after the showing of the movie in cinema. I told her about how much I like the movie and my frustration that the movie was shown for few days only in KK. We had quite a conversation together with Ji An as well, about the movie industry in Malaysia, the challenges she faced with the censorship board and etc....

And this morning when I was driving from KK to Lahad Datu, I tuned in again to AiFM as there's no other frequency available and snippets of the program was on air. It's the signature of Ji An's program jingle of Yasmin semi-singing "Ni Jiao Shen Mo Ming.... Wo Jiao Ya Se Min....". That caught me off surprised. I realized we will never to hear her speaks anymore. Then the snippets continued with Yasmin singing parts of the Sam Hui's song, "Yat Bun Wa Wa" (Japanese Doll). At that moment, I was tearing.

There'll be no more Petronas ads to savour at during the festive seasons. There'll be no more barrier breaking, thought-provoking movies with Malaysian setting from her again.

Semoga Tuhan mencucuri rahmat ke atas rohnya.
Yasmin, the real Malaysian!
My previous posts on Yasmin.
I leave you with this nice song, "Hujan" performed by Adibah Noor from the movie Mukhsin. It indeed is hujan....a heavy sadness-filled one....

2 comments:

Ji AN said...

Untuk Yang Tersayang,Teristimewa...
没想到就是当年你拨电话进来的,看着你的blog,我又开始想起了许多画面。

mclai said...

She amazed me everytime. It's sad to loss that kinda feeling.. forever.