Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another Round of Privatisation???

I don't know about this. I kinda troubled by the statement on privatisation in PM's budget speech. And of course, I am not an economy expert but speaking from a layman's term, I am quite puzzled with this.
Excerpt from Bernama...
Najib, who is also the Finance Minister said to ensure this, the government will privatise companies under the Minister of Finance Inc (MOF Inc) and other viable government agencies.
call me an extreme skeptic but that translate to me as "privatising" the money-making agencies to the "selected few"
"High impact projects by the private sector will be undertaken jointly with the government.
high impact translate to me as high risk, high investment. so for these kind of project, government will "join force" to shoulder the risk. another PKFZ in making?
Sigh~~~

No comments: