Friday, September 23, 2005

Pay Your Deeds



I committed a crime. Yes, a crime that may end up me being caught by the police. So, to avoid that from happening, I went to the police station and settled a summon (settle legally, not with the traffic police coaxing me to settle with me inside my car and negotiate with him with my car window down). Surprisingly the summon is due to SPEED LIMIT (and I always proud of myself driving very slow?) and the original sin (no pun intended) cost RM300!!!! Yup, that's a whooping figure and I can almost pay my car installment with that amount. But normally it will be reduced to RM150 which is 50% discount (kind huh?) and the latest promotion is another whooping 50% discount which means I only paid RM70 for my wrong-doing. I only get to know about the summon when I checked it via sms after receiving a call from my paranoid mom. Yeah... she's a schoolbus driver so she's having a greater risk of being issued a summon without her knowledge. But it was me, the "usually-slow" driver who got the summon. The crime was committed on May 14, 2005 and I think it was during m y driving journey back to SDK on the way to Kalimantan for commissioning of a new system my company sold. What to do??? Pay and get over it lor... furthermore, the discount made it sounds not that bad at all...... but RM70 can buy like 10 times lunch/dinner, 8 times watching a movie on Wed, almost 3 times haircut, 39 days of Star newspaper supply and the list go on...........
Expectedly, the queue is quite long especially now during the promotion period and I indulged myself in listening to the conversations surrounding me and get some laugh from it and this ah pek (uncle - middle-aged man) topped it all when he settled his summons with the cashier. He was queueing in front of me and when it was his turn to pay, I was amused by his conversations with the cashier:

A : Ah Pek C : Cashier
A : Aiyo, sia endak manyak lah (Aiyo, mine is not tat much lah - what he means is his summon, which is 5 altogether)
C : (she just smiled i guess)
A : Ini lakat midika sana mana ada parking? Susah cari parking lah. (It's near to the Merdeka Shopping Complex, where got parking space? Difficult to get a parking space lah)
C : Yakah? Mahu terus bayar? (Is it? You want to pay all now?)
A : Midika sana manyak susah lah. Sia susah mau cari parking, itu malam hari enam sama itu malam hari minggu manyak susah lah (The place around Merdeka is very difficult to get parking. Esp on sat and sun night)
C : Mahu terus bayar? (You want to pay all now?)


That uncle repeated his dialogue for at least 5 times before taking out his wallet and paid his deeds. Gosh...... I was glad he finally do that instead of repeating his reasoning for n times. I mean what's the point of telling the cashier where or why he got the summon???? It's not like she's gonna cancel it or sth like that!!!! He's delaying the process which caused the people queueing behind him had to stand sweating under the hot sun (I didn't really complained about this coz I thought it's some way to punish us for the summon and the pay back we get. I dun mind since I got the discount). However, next time when I saw the same uncle again, I will make sure I won't be queueing somewhere behind him!!!!



No comments: