Sunday, November 13, 2005

42th Annual Golden Horse Award

Aaron Kwok? Best Actor?
Never ever cross my mind that he will snatch the Best Actor. Well... reason given by the jury is that it's his best performance ever in his acting career???? I dunno whether it was but I am certainly sure that HIS ACCEPTANCE SPEECH itself IS HIS BEST PERFORMANCE EVER IN HIS WHOLE CAREER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pause in the middle of his speech, the pause again to land his gaze to his fans who's screaming upstairs (singers esp HK singers can't escape from this syndrome, the "san deng siong bin ge peng yau"/literally translated as "my friends on top of the hill"), his fake expression of joy-mixed feeling and it WAS VERY OBVIOUS that he's trying to squeeze some tears to his eyes as a final touch of his so-many-times-practised speech. I tried to respect the jury's pick but I think I have some difficulties on that. And I am so sad that I have to resort to vent my frustration here in my blog where I seldom write so badly about someone, let alone someone I don't even know. But I have to.
However, to be fair, I think he acted VERY HARD and it's so OBVIOUS you can see he's trying very very hard in the movie "Divergence". I watched Tony's Election but haven't watch Chen Kuen and Zhang Chen's. So, technically I only have Tony's as comparison.
OK...Shu Qi finally got it after 4 times nomination and I think she deserved it. Bravo to her as she really transformed from the much loathed III-movie actress into someone being constantly roped in to star in movies by famous director like Hou Hsiao Hsien. It's a good motivation story on determination indeed.
OK... I gotta stop or else I will be bogged down by the whole Aaron Kwok is Best Actor thingy. Bless Golden Horse. (I wonder how the horse feel)

No comments: