Saturday, November 26, 2005

Early Middle Age Crisis

I changed my blog title again. Yeah... again. It's the end of the year again, and hence, my routine self-review process kickstarted again. It's actually an involuntary process which I can't help and control at all. It's a package indeed whereby the weather is some sort like a catalyst which will make the process start earlier and faster.

I had been living my life like a middle-aged man in general.
I started my day with a sumptuous breakfast, not to mention that I wake up very early (at least earlier than the average time for ppl my age).
I had breakfast almost at the same place each morning just to ensure that I had a chance to read the local newspaper, failing which will made me feel incomplete or lacking of some energy to start a day. (OK, I did buy my newspaper but in addition to the national English and occasional national Chinese dailies, I would like to keep abreast with the local news)
Had my lunch wherever nearby to the place I am, mostly around the place I stay. Needless to say, I frequented the similar place though I tried to diversify the place by asking some of my friends to join me for lunch.
I had resort to do some exercise at the same lake-park which I did some hike up the small hill.
Dinner is another routine involving those few restaurants/stalls around the place I stay. Though I did skip dinner sometimes, just to add some spice and introduce some variety to my already scheduled routine.
At night, I watched TV which fortunately with more channels to choose from courtesy from Mr. Ho Bau. Not really obsessed to TV but at least it's a good way to spend away the excessive time. Talking about excessive time, I remember Sky Wu's song 一半.
Not only those listed above. I think I lost my passion. Putting work aside, I think I lost my passion. Passion, drive, whatever you call it, I lost it. It's gone to nowhere. It's pathetic indeed. Everything you do is just to pass the day and all you get is the dreading feeling. Sometimes I did try to add some spice to it, i.e. watching a movie in cinema (didn't qualify indeed as I tend to make it a ROUTINE again to do so every Wed or Sat), watching DVD (I seriously think I lost my passion for film as well, due to overexposure), reading........... Damn boring right?
Am I anti-social? This is a confusing question. I think I am sometimes but at other times, I don't think so. But one thing for sure, I don't have lots of friends, let alone new friends. I have a fixed group of friends who are supporting and good people. But sometimes I still feel lacking.

No comments: