Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Judge Wig

One of my most embarassing fashion moment is during the short stint of my tenure as the Parliament Chief Judge in La Salle Secondary School. The ceremonial head wig that I had to wear, the white shoulder length wig was the cause of the joke and laugh story that I had to endure for the rest of my life. And that's not the whole story yet.....


Playback..........

The hall was closed. The parliament was waiting for its session to start with the cabinet and opposition sitting dutifully inside the hall, each occupying one side of the hall. Cikgu W, Liangmoi, Sophia, CA, and the whole bunch of "MP" were waiting, in a serene yet serious ambience. Then, the door of the hall opened, the Chief Judge (yes, it's yours truly) and the Parliament Secretary (I think it's Janice Jer Fun, the Parliament Secretary... anyone?) was standing next to me and I remember there's another human standing on the other side of mine. We were marching in to the hall and let me remind you, it's such a big real-make-believe session cox I had a mace (thanks to lawyer T for enlighten me with this term) or cokmar in my hand as well!!!

The moment I walked in with the judge wig I wore, I notice Emily who was on the cabinet side, closed her mouth laughing. Liangmoi the Health Minister couldn't contain her amusement. Cikgu W as usual control hensem and I decided to ignore that and stormed past through them to my seat and wished that the whole ordeal will end as soon as possible. Luckily handphone and digicam was still not in the rage, so hopefully my bighead-in-wig moment was not permanently recorded somewhere~


Oh yeah... why I suddenly thought of this "Most Embarassing Fashion Moment" and reveal it here??? Read somewhere that the cost of the a ceremonial shoulder-length wig worn by the British judges and lawyers since 17th century costs USD3000 each!!!!!!!!!!!!! A decision to abandon the wigs in civil and family courts in 2008 recently will save the British government a whopping USD610,000 annually!!!!!!

A SMART decision I would say. I don't know about the British wig but the one I wore in 1997......... I don't know how much it cost but for sure it was d*&^ smelly!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. can't imagine you in the wig!! if i were there, sure burst out!! so FUUNNNYYYY
Lily

Anonymous said...

hahaha....
wat a sensational pilihan raya, kempen, tarik undi & blah blah......
the one & only school parliament in Sabah ( hanya boleh dijumpai di SMK La Salle, KK)
almost forgot i'm the health minister of LaSalle....haha..
but, ur head of judge (fatt koon tai yan) cannot lawan our beloved JUDY laaa.... (u remember her??, she's Rumah Davies also)
hahahahahahaha....
chhiii siiin...........

Cruel Angel said...

Did u wear this stuff?

I cant remember u doing so.

CK said...

CA: good. keep not remembering.

Anonymous said...

how come u din mention i was there in the cabinet too too..
i was d asst. minister of welfare dept!! hahaha!!

CK said...

oh yeah hor... forgot. who's ur boss huh? is it vincent chia?
so, remember to stay away from any posts in any sports association.

Anonymous said...

i think i was there too....and how come u din mention???? but i cant remember wat dept im in.....
anyway, i think it was a good experience and not avone will has the chance to wear it..... and u should appreciate/treasure it:)
cloud

CK said...

actually lots of ppl there also, basically almost our whole form 6 gang were there.
N THEY HAD A GREAT TIME LAUGHING AS WELL!!!!!!

mclai said...

Yeah, still fresh in my mind. The wig looked like a mop on your big head. I tried so hard not to laugh out cause you looked sooo serious, grudging and unwillingly back then, haha... Kesian.