Sunday, August 05, 2007

Tribute # 1 : POWER Badminton Shoes (1999-2007)


I'm paying tribute via this post to the dutiful pair of badminton shoes who had been faithfully rendered its service to me, the humble owner. As you can see from the pic, the soles were outstitched and presented a state of existence similar as the open-mouth garoupa. The latest fatal injuries were sustained during a squash games with Kevin and Kester last Saturday.

Walking down the memory lane, I first bought this wonderfully-durable, no-nonsense-fashion-wise pair of Malaysian made POWER badminton shoes during my 1st year in the ivory tower in the remote Tronoh (wow.... try the link cox it's in Wiki!!!), Perak. Staying in the hostel, there's no other sporting facilities other than badminton (which the courts were ALWAYS full) and the not-so-popular-that-time game of squash. Being the prudent and poor student I was that time, I decided to buy a pair of sports shoes to suit both the games and without the squash rage that time, there's no squash shoes available in Ipoh, which is the nearest city to Tronoh. Well, to be frank, if there's any squash shoes available, I wouldn't able to buy it that time too. So, I ended up buying this pair of gem which were on sale.

So, here I'm dedicating this post to this pair of wonderful shoes. Thanks for the service rendered, I appreciate that. Thanks again. RIP.

2 comments:

Cruel Angel said...

This is kinda sentimental...
I got a Reebok which I wear for 5years.. tore & repair till cant be repair anymore.. RM299 for 5years is kinda like 16cents per day.

Squash shoes & badminton are almost the same! So its ok! both are flat bottom.

CK said...

wow... didn't think tis will struck as a sentimental piece. well... it did bring back of memories esp those ppl who play with me... hmm... like Hour Cheat, Wei Lun, Wing Hoe, and lots more...

hey, thinking of tat, CA, we were the same team in Standard 5 right?