Sunday, August 26, 2007

Singing Machine - Not Karaoke but Jaclyn Victor

When the 1st Malaysian Idol was in the rave few years back, I have to admit that I'm not a great Jac's fans. I mean, yes, she can sing and very well but somehow, she didn't get me hehe... But yes, she's the best singer of all the contestants and she deserved the winning to the dot.
So, when my friend, Brian invited me to watch her performance in Tawau recently, I was like... OK.... but agreed cox Juwita Suwito will be performing as well. It's like giving Jac a chance (haha.... like I'm somebody!!!)
So, how was it you may ask. She was great. I mean she can sing very well. Well-known for singing with her mic far from her mouth which I remembered during the Malaysian idol times, she did just tat. Another trivia is that she was really nervous indeed as she always mentioned during the Malaysian Idol times, which at that time, I doubted it BIG TIME since she sings in pub and stuff, no way she is nervous but she really did especially during the 1st song of her set.

Doing the sing-along gesture a-la Leon Lai Ming

She enchanted the audience with (surprise.. surprise!!!) L.O.V.E. (an old jazz standard), Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Satu Harapan (is it??? couldn't remember), Cepat Cepat.

What's a Jac's performance without her signature tune Gemilang right? She tried to work the crowd by asking us to sing "Gemilang" and "Reality" but tat didn't quite work hehe... shy I think.She did a splendid rendition of "Jesus Take The Wheel" as well, a justice to the original singer Carrie Underwood. And speaking of coincidence, she ended her set with "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys and just a week before that, the KK Jazz Festival I attended ended with the same tune as well!!!! Hmm...wondering what does that mean huh?

Autograph signing session.

No comments: