Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Malaysiaku Gemilang? Gemilangkah kitorang?

(extracted from http://www.gethosted.com.my/, via msn image search)


OKOK, I followed the trend of the other bloggers now to talk about our nation's 50th birthday but who cares right? The minister called bloggers as goblok anyway. (hm... in the spirit of National Day, how patriotic is it to describe bloggers with a word originates from our neighbouring country???)

Recent survey done by the research house Synovate Malaysia on 900 respondents aged 15 to 64 in Peninsula Malaysia. (OK, my question, why not in Sabah and Sarawak? No funding??? Or you guys dunno that Sabah and Sarawak is part of Malaysia???)

On the 2007 Merdeka theme:
88% dunno or unaware; 4% still thought it's Kernamu Malaysia and interestingly, 4% of those aged 35 and 44 (baby boomers) gave the correct answer. ONLY 4%?????????

On naming all the Prime Ministers of the Country (OK, tips... 5 of them)
12% of those aged 25 and 34 (oh..... my age group) were not sure of the names and failed to name the leaders.

Information Minister Datuk Zainuddin Maidin who famously quoted the use of goblok said explained the gemilang in the theme "Gemilang means we have achieved independence and success through unity and development". Hm........

Anyway, it's my nation and my country. I love her, with her flaws and shortcomings, though fully understand that's the way she is and seriously hoping that she can change and HAVE to change. God Bless.

Below are the link to the posts about my feelings last year on the Merdeka month.
How Malaysian am I? Part I
How Malaysian am I? Part II

1 comment:

Cruel Angel said...

She might not be the best but she is better than a lot of others country.