Friday, August 10, 2007

The Best Mind-Provoking Petronas Merdeka Advertisement

Go You Tube and watch the Petronas Advertisement as a lot of them can be deemed as masterpiece portraying tonnes of social commentaries on our "50-years-old-harmoniously-multi-racial" society.

Looks like Yasmin Ahmad has more compatriots sharing her vision of Malaysian society. Lots of the ads now are deep, not skin-deep. My recent favourite is the one where a boat is built. Think about it. I MEAN... REALLY THINK ABOUT IT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmc4ZkB12Z0 Try to post the video here but having some problems.... Will keep trying though.

Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!

4 comments:

Bin Bin said...

I also always like to watch this kind of advertisement.

Still remember when I was a child, during CNY, sure got lots of nice ads showing in TV, one of my favorites was CNY ad from Dunhill (I think we no longer can see cigarette ad now)…

I like Yasmin Ahmad’s Petronas ads very much. Like what CK said, the ads are deep.
Btw, friend, you can always go to the link below to watch all the Petronas recent ads and their archives.

http://www.petronas.com.my/internet/corp/centralrep2.nsf/pages/TVC+Index+2005?Open

Cruel Angel said...

wow!

KInda challenge wat Madir did! I guess this ad support Pak Awie!

CK said...

i guess the awareness is the most important thing.

mclai said...

Love the tagline, "Can what we build today take us into tomorrow?". Soo despairing yet soo true...