Sunday, May 04, 2008

It's Bloody.............................Good


"You are a bastard in a basket"
Daniel Day-Lewis is mesmerising and no wonder he snatched the Oscar this year after his other monumental role in My Left Foot (ok.... I haven't watch that yet, though I have the VCD - legal non-pirated one :)
His portrayal of the character is very engaging. I won't touch much on the story line as it will spoil it. Patience is definitely needed to fully enjoy this, in fact most of Paul Thomas Anderson movies, err... except the more mainstream early work of his, i.e. Boogie Night which centres on the adult movie industry in the 70s.
Another young actor that should gain prominence is Paul Dano who's giving an award-deserving performance as the supporting role, dual in fact. I last see him in Little Miss Sunshine and looking at IMDB, he's working alongside DDL in The Ballad of Jack and Rose before this.

4 comments:

HuiHui said...

Somehow I found that patience is needed in most of the award winning movies and books...

CK said...

to be frank, i think patience pays hehe.... not only movies and books. but the world now moves so fast that patience becomes a luxury.

Helen said...

I'm always very sked to watch those award films. Summore hor, Daniel Day Lewis cut his hair already.... Wait, does he still has hair? :-P

(I thought Lewis was awesome when he first acted in The Last of the Mohicans. Complain again... he went and cut his hair..)

CK said...

haha helen. hair hor? maybe you should see Javier Bardem's hair in No Country for Old Men. I think to get award, you have to have bad hair. Think..... Charlize Theron in Monster...