Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Gotta Distract Myself....

Come this August... I wonder how far will our current bickering, I-have-secret-information-don't-force-me-to-reveal, backstabbing, street-demo, road-block-induced traffic jam evolve. And I couldn't help wondering how the government plan to celebrate the 1st year after 50 years of independence in the current political climate too....

Buckingham Palace again???
Luckily the VISA requirement only starts next January hence I am spared of the trouble of getting one but are you wondering why a lot of Malaysian "jump-aeroplane" to UK? And speaking of which, it's definitely another Malaysia Boleh moment as we are the ONLY country from South East Asia oh nooooo from ONLY COUNTRY FROM ASIA in the new list of 11 countries in risk of needing a VISA for UK entry.


or the Big Ben again?????

or bumped into a group of British lass in the tube station, clad in cowboy outfit on the way to the Hen party?

No, this time, I will still ignore the UK as a whole but Mona Lisa, The Lourve, Eiffel, Cannes, here moi come!!!!!!!!!!

my bedside read.....

11 comments:

Helen said...

Wah, syiok only lar you.

I just saw your bedside read. Wow, bet those are more effective than Valium eh? At least for me... lol

CK said...

haha... tat's y i sleep soundly lately :)

when is tat mega concert? hmm... i am in france tat time hahaha

RunWitMe said...

Oi...pls inform me when you about to go. I hv a CD lshopping list for you. :)

CK said...

sure. you can pass to me when i am in kl around 8th.

chongerin said...

u one lucky guy..

CK said...

erin,
yea. i am and i am grateful for it.

Sebastian said...

The Lourve, yes! But Tour Eiffel and Cannes rather plain and boring.... same thing for Nice... kinda plain as well.... Do drop by Bordeaux if you could.... Nice people, fabulous food and of course fantastic bordeaux wine!

CK said...

not planning to go to nice. summer, full of ppl. cannes....the film festival over lah....
i'll start from montpellier then marseilles maybe avignon/grenobles before going to paris.

any more tips sebastian?

Sebastian said...

Marseille is a dangerous place to go to... Pretty ok old port but apart from that, nothing much... you could try checking out the beaches but being a Sabahan, I think we have better sandy beaches than any of the european countries, where instead of sand, you find pebbles and rocks, with the exception of the greek islands of course... Southern French speak little English so get your phrasebook ready, just in case! I have not been to Avignon but since you are going to Paris, why not keep a day for Château de Versailles? As for Mona Lisa, go early in the morning so that you can avoid the crowd and get to see the painting up close and personal, behind a barricate of course! August might not be the best time to visit France as majority of French will be off holidaying too so don't be too surprised if you find most of the shops closed. Do bring sufficient amount of sunblock and moisturizer or you would end up like me! hahaha... Check my blog in a day or two where I shall publish my before and after pics of being tanned to varying shades of brown!

CK said...

i know. cox it's summer vacation. all ppl went for holiday. i actually have marseilles in mind just because my friend is from tat place. anyway, nothing fixed yet except montpellier and paris, which are the starting and ending point haha....

looking forward to your tips....

CK said...

i know. cox it's summer vacation. all ppl went for holiday. i actually have marseilles in mind just because my friend is from tat place. anyway, nothing fixed yet except montpellier and paris, which are the starting and ending point haha....

looking forward to your tips....