Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Indonesia - Food (Pt 7 - Ding sth sth .....)

According to my buddy Sherry, I am prone to meeting someone or rather old classmates in places I seldom expect to or during my travel and this time around, I bumped into a secondary school classmate, Danny in Jakarta, in the most unexpected circumstances.

I texted him a message before the trip after I got his number from Eyen. OK, he didn't reply and I was kinda "hmm...sombongnya" and forgot about the whole episode. After I reached Jakarta from Yogya and settled down in a hotel in Jalan Jaksa, I walked out to the Sarinah area and hope to get something to eat. It was about 12 midnight. Being the unusual-me (usually, I avoid fast food during travel), I walked into McDonalds and ordered the BigMac. Holding the tray and looking for a place to enjoy the food, I saw a familiar face and there he goes... Danny sitting in one of the tables enjoying his drink!!!! So, it's passed midnight, in Jakarta, a city with populations of millions!!!

Of course I was stunned and I think I froze for awhile before walking nearer to confirm that's it's really him. He was surprised and asked if I am who he thinks I am hahaha.... Well, we chatted quite a bit and updated each other and congrats to him as he'll be getting married soon.

The perks of meeting old friends during travel is that he/she will bring you to some good place to eat and yes, Danny did just that. Since the day after our accidental meeting is Saturday, he treated me lunch in a place near Plaza Senayan, is it that name? Sorry, I am getting old, weak memory. The porridge above looks simple but it's VERY delicious. The restaurant is a well-known chain from Taiwan and apparently it's one of the TOP 10 Chinese restaurant in the world.

It's a nice drink , "guai-ling-gou mixed with coconut milk". Hmm.... divine. Thanks Danny for the lunch and it's great catching up with you.

No comments: