I didn't watch the 1st instalment but if the 1st instalment is about men/husband fooling around behind their wives so this time around, the 2nd instalment is about the wives getting some revenge. If the 1st instalment is a spoof of Infernal Affair 1 （无间道）, then 2nd instalment is all about spoofing Election （黑社会）. So, expect a lot of familiar scene twisted from Election and be prepared to laugh your heart out, especially if you watched Election before this.
I always have some reservations about HK movies nowadays, or should I say very selective and choosy. They tend to be "following-the-trend/一窝蜂". Just see how many Infernal Affairs wanna-be or look-alike came out after the orginal Infernal Affairs (and ironically, Infernal Affairs itself came out with a prequel and sequel!!!).
MSIB2 was actually co-produced by Teresa Mo's 毛舜筠's husband who also starred in the movie. She is also one of the screenplay writer and the original cast from 1st instalment along with Eric Tsang 曾志伟, Jordan Chan 陈小春 and Yuan Zhi Wei 原子蕙. A lot of surprise appearances or guest starring such as Sandra Ng 吴君如 , Tony Leung - voice only 梁家辉 , 曾华倩， 江欣燕， 梁小冰， 黎彼得，谭炳文，黄一山， 李斯棋，韩玛丽，关宝慧 etc... The early part especially the scene when all the wives gathered on the dinner table talking among themselves while the husbands also having their own men-talk is excellent!!! The dialogues are spot-on and soooo funny. Hail the script writer for this particular scene.
I will not touch much on the story or plot here cox it will be spoiler ahead.
THE FOLLOWING MAY SOUNDS OFFENSIVE TO SOME. FORGET ABOUT BEING POLITICALLY CORRECT OR MORAL COMPASS FOR AWHILE COX IT'S MEANT TO BE FUNNY AND SATIRICAL.
IF YOU THINK YOU'LL BE OFFENDED, YOU CAN IGNORE THIS. IF YOU DID GET OFFENDED, IT'S NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF YOURS TRULY
ANOTHER THING IS THAT IF YOU ARE NOT CANTONESE-FLUENT, AGAIN, YOU WON'T FIND IT FUNNY, MOST OF THEM ONLY FUNNY AND COMES WITH RITMA WHEN READ IN CANTONESE
The opening credits were funny as well. I summed up the funny ones (in the opening credit and in the movie) here for you. Sorry if the literal translation may not sounds funny as the funny tickle will be somewhere lost in translation. To make it worse for non-Chinese educated, there're some actually a spoof quote from the ancient Chinese literature as well.
( ) is pinyin in Cantonese
女人唔滚 男人唔紧 (nui yan ng guen nam yan ng gen)
women dun fool around, men won't care much
唔赌唔知时运高 唔滚唔知身体好 (ng dou ng ji si wen gou ng guen ng ji sen tei hou)
you don't know that you are lucky if you don't gamble
you don't know how fit your body if you don't fool around
小赌可怡情 大滚医绝症 (siu dou ho yi ching dai guen yi juet jing)
small gamble is good leisure fooling around can heal chronic disease (not logic right?)
故人西辞 《杜鲁志》 愿君永记 《中国城》
I can't translate this but get the joke as 《中国城》 refers to the biggest night club in HK
但求一泄 唔算变节 (dan kau yat sit ng suen bin jit)
just asking for a shot, nothing changed much
Other funny and 18SX remarks:
1. When they talked about the Hawkin's theory of Black Hole, they were mentioning other Black Hole as well.
2. The remark about 唔帮口 都帮下手
3. The remark about 3 minutes, 30 minutes and 3 hours
4. Police search
5. 何超仪 said 他摆进来，打个冷震就拿返出去，你估探热吗 (he put it in, shrug a while and take it out, he thought he's testing body temperature kah?) and then 黄又南 said 你探热就好了 我平时把下脉 好一点的话摸下骨咯 (yours ok lah, normally I only get to feel the nadi, if lucky, can stroke some bone lah)
6. Sandra Ng said 女人滚比男人滚有远见得多 男人滚是为了泄欲 女人滚是为了家庭和睦 (when women fool around, they are more far-sighted; men fools around to release their urge, women fools around to maintain the family harmony) - haha..... too sided on the women side I think
7. Sandra Ng said 签得纸结婚 就预了打这场仗 离婚就等于认输 (the moment the marriage certificate is signed, you are prepared to go to the battle. divorce means surrender in the battle)
Conclusion? Go watch and have fun laughing your heart out!!!!