Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Captain Yapp and the Flying Sing

Haha.... seems Alan caught the bug and only now I know she held a special place in his heart. Good luck Patricia. Of course it's really a proud moment for her and her family. Seriously, I think our alma mater Sung Siew should really get hold of her when she's back to Sandakan to motivate our students who's drowned in endless homeworks and tuition and forgot about the fun and other learning activities while in school.

Speaking of flying sing, who in 5D Class of 96 can forget his famous act that catapulted him to the peak of his fame defying the dominatrix grip of the You-Know-Who(YKW) in SS that time. (I shall not name him as I dun think I'm qualified to, as I never enrol to his tuition class) His cool cat answer of astro-travelling spared the class some laugh and indeed YKW himself was impressed as well. The remaining normally gruelling hours of the subject in lab was filled with some unanswered questions and lingering awe as Flying Sing enchanted us with his mini-lecture on astro travelling with big bombastic words such as "out of the host", "state of mind" and dozens more that eluded my memory as I can't even spell the words, let alone understand the theory or explanations behind them. I forgot how his mini-lecture ended but Flying Sing was spared of the punishment, which ranges from the usual standing during the whole period, standing in the middle of the basketball field, which YKW used to describe as "jaga gelanggang" and made us all squirmed in silent laughter.

Also came back in my memory is another famous incident happened to Flying Sing when he first came to Sandakan and enrolled in Sung Siew Primary School. He was the new-boy and as the tough-guy kid he was, he refused to pay the insurance when Cikgu Anna or Cikgu Jumain (was it Std 3 that time or Std 5?.... I remember it's that classroom though....) collect the RM5 insurance.

He cool-catly answered "Saya boleh jaga diri sendiri" (I can take care of myself)




During recess time on that day itself, he famously fell down in the car park after unsuccessfully jumping over the steel chain in the car park at the back of our school. IMMEDIATELY that day. I wonder how many of the 90' Class 5 Merah still remember that incident...
Of course, his signature act or "doi biu zok" is somewhere edging along the sensitive lines during Std 5 times as well when he introduced prohibited meat to our other classmates..... but maybe that will be another story in another post.... And also his kungfu stunts during secondary school and uni years...maybe that one leave it to Alan to be the storyteller...
P/S : Didn't see Flying Sing for quite some years already and hope he's doing well.

4 comments:

Cruel Angel said...

you make me laugh out loud in the office. Thinking about Coolly Sink.

Once Kok How and him went to pub in Bangsar and he told some girls she is a doctor but nobody believe him.

CK said...

he's of course unbelievable. when i heard the "kick gun" story from Victor, I also couldn't believe it.

Cruel Angel said...

KICK GUN!

I never heard that one before...

Crazee Doctor,

I heard he wanna be a Plastic Surguen so that he can xxxxx all those lui who wanna :)

Anonymous said...

cooly sink!cooly sink!
havent seen this sucker for years.
heard he graduated from Ireland and is currently on a surgical master program in malaysia.
According to sources(shall not name who),Kuldeep is one smooth guy and has ditched his glasses and now has a Men's Health type physique.His expertise of course is picking up women from bars and discos.
I personally hate his guts,and his cockiness has taken to a whole new level.He lectures for USM and I am sure he has audiences eating out of his hand wanting more bullcrap to be entertained.I even saw him appearing in a woman's magazine as who else,but DrKooL.
Hehe love him or hate him,he did provide us with loads of laughs.Class would never be the same with Kuldeep.
Kuldeep,wherever you are,I wish you all the best