Monday, November 19, 2007

Oct 22 - Taiwan, Here I Come!!!!!!!!!!!

Taiwan airport basically has nothing to boast about, unlike our very own KLIA who's the architecture marvel in the middle of oil palm estate or the Suvarnabumi Bangkok who's having a game of spotting where's the leak... it's plain and simple. But for someone who arrived about 10plus at night, all I'm asking for is an airport that is not that big to minimize walking. Direction-wise is perfectly OK since I understand Chinese.
First night will be staying in Taipei House, a hostel which is not a very good choice as I stayed in much better hostel before. The area the hostel is located is quiet, Songshan Rd, which has quite a number of foreigners staying around as it's quite near to a lot of foreign language school. Hence the hostel is full of foreigners. Get better hostel if you have time and budget.
Finding the hostel was interesting enough. The alley where the hostel is lurking deep inside comes with the CCTV-ed street light. What's that? It comes with some sensor which will light up the light once it detected human (by movement???) and I was left in awe. I mean I was immediately letting off my guard a little bit though the area is extremely quiet.

So where's the next stop you ask? Well... MAS did provide meal but that was not enough for youngsters like us haha.... So we went to the ever-dependable McD for late night supper about 11pm plus. The McD as usual is the brightly-lit place with aircond with its staple meals. Late-night worker and some uncle/aunties were sleeping in the particular McD joint we went. Maybe I should save the money staying in that Taipei House and tumpang in McD instead. Youngster holding pen and book and each-other's hand on the other were still having meal cum studying (oh ye ke tu?) in the wee small hour of the morning.


The meals ordered. McD, the best fries among all!!! :)

Tak sangka my first meal in Taiwan was McD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cintailah Malaysia time : It's becoming a habit due to the nature of work, I always look at the packaging of the goods and I found out that the tomato sauce sachet in Taiwan McD was indeed made in Malaysia!!! Subang to be exact.

1 comment:

Cruel Angel said...

see, I told ya when you go oversea you become more patriotic :)