Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm Not There (2007)

UPDATED : Nov 13, 2008
All I Can Do Is Be Me Whoever That Is
Great casting. You get Cate Blanchett, Richard Gere, Christian Slater, Heath Ledger and Julianne Moore and lots more. OK, Cate really worth the buzz about her turn as Bob Dylan in one of the stories here and she's really amazing. Ms. Blanchett is the new Streep. I am waiting to see her in a musical but maybe not so early. I wonder if she can sing and dance. She totally immersed herself in her character which is a man, a well known Bob Dylan. Maybe due to her voluptuous-less body, she can do something let say..... Salma Hayek can't. Draw another parallel to Hilary Swank turn in Boys Don't Cry. Though she lost to Tilda Swinton in 2007 Oscar in Supporting Role, I think Cate will have more chances on her way.
And the late Heath Ledger was here too. The show stealer besides Cate is definitely the small black kid. He's just naturally old. I mean in Chinese we call 老水 old water . A great watch. You have to have patience if you are not familiar with Bob Dylan. Mr. Dylan's fans will be delighted to watch this with his musics spanning through his career were played.

No comments: