Friday, April 25, 2008

American Idol - Top 6 Result (5 left)

Wow..... my prediction WAS wrong!!!! Though I accurately expect that some surprises will spring up.

CARLY was eliminated. Again... it's not REALLY a surprise. Brooke was safe due to the switch of the votes from Kristy's supporters I think. Jason has his huge galley of screaming teenage girl fans voting with their paid-by-parents mobile. The Double David are obviously strong enough to garner votes irregardless of their performance in that particular week.

So, the casualties are Carly and Syesha in the bottom 2.



Carly being eliminated despite a good performance with the difficult and demanding performance of Jesus Christ Superstar from the musical of the same name. Yes, I have to remind myself, it's the competition of popularity. What to do?

Anyway, pasted the YouTube here for your comparison. Carly or Brooke?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tan, u posted Carly's clip twice, where's Brooke? Nevermind, I'm watching tonight after one hard paper in the morning, yohoo!!

Carly always send goosebumps, never fails to do to me. Her being sent off may have got to do with her nationality, Irish! An Irish as American Idol?? I mean, not biased but it doesn't attract votes directly, Michael Johns n the Filipino Ramielle also bye-bye liao..

CK said...

changed already.

agreed on the geographical factor. remember jasmine trias last time?

Helen said...

Grrr Grrr hey, how come you got time to write so many posts one har??

Honestly, Carly is a better singer but she does not have the 'it' factor. Neither does Syesha.

I like Brooke. Her voice appeals to me. Carly was almost shouting in the end when she sang 'Jesus Christ Superstar.' Honestly, I thought Jason was going to be eliminated.

CK said...

ok... got ur point. i think her Hero is quite a good rendition given her limited vocal range. I agree syesha has no IT factor. but Carly definitely has haha..... the tatoos are so IT