Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Learning from TV (#4) - Cashmere Mafia

Lucy Liu's character was adamant in getting the dog which she temporarily housed as her permanent life companion. She argued with the officer-in-charge of taking the dog away to care centre metaphorically.
"I don't think having an animal companion is about are you ready or not, who you live with, how much you earn, how long hour you work or how many pets you had" - those questions were the std questions asked by the officer as adoption criteria
"I think it's about feeling sth..I mean, how do you explain the bond I had with this dog that I just met 3 days ago. He just lies there, like a lump and he smells bad but I do feel it....." - the dog just normally lies there silently and didn't entertain her attempts to teach him tricks etc
"I just think that the feeling's so rare, with a man, with a friend, with a dog, with a job, anything.. that.... when you find it, you just can't let it go"
She got the dog finally.

6 comments:

Maverick SM said...

You need a dog if you don't want to talk to a man.

CK said...

Haha Mave,

That's the gist you got? Not what I have in mind though.

Helen said...

Don't agree.lol That is why many pets get abandoned when adoption is just based on the spur of the moment temptation.

I would know. I had this spur of the moment feelings 5 times and here I am.... slave to 5 dogs. SIgh.

CK said...

helen,

u dog slave ah?

again, im not talking abt dogs lah...

steph said...

r u dropping a "hint" again? ;-)

Anonymous said...

please write a formal reports to the police hq!

FOr a better future!