Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Balls Squeezed


OK... all the hype about the reinvention of the police force. Some changes in uniform, new badge on integrity replacing the "Saya Anti-Rasuah" (I Am Anti-Corruption) and the new slogan is "Tegas, Adil dan Berhemah" (Firm, Fair and Courteous).

My personal experience with the Berhemah section. I went to Sandakan Police HQ in Batu 1 1/2" with the intention of paying the summon I got for parking at the wrong place/not designated area in KK last Saturday. Yes... I know, I know it's Saturday so it's VERY unlikely that the counter is opened and since it's on my way, I decided to try. At the main gate there's a police guarding the entrance and asking my urusan inside, I told him that I want to pay summon and asked him whether the counter is open and he let me in. And when I went in, parked my car and found the notice TUTUP (closed) at the counter. Teramas!!!! (er... it's the direct translation of Chinese dialect za dao - ter- ramas - ter is the passive form of verb, ramas is squeeze in this case, referring to balls - so it's balls squeezed).

OK, my bad karma for the mis-informed entrance police officer.

Then today, I went again at about 330pm to pay my summon, wanting to rush before 4oopm which I assumed is the closing time for the counter. Went through the same routine and again, another police officer at the entrance allowed me to go in and told me the counter is open and I was PISSED to find out that the same TUTUP sign was on display.

OK, OK, I admitted it's my fault of assuming and also not noticing the sign of the working hours of the counter. Only then I realize the counter opened 8am-12pm and 2-3pm. So, the counter open ONLY for 5 hours a day. I wouldn't want to start questioning WHY ONLY 5 hours/day, telling myself maybe the officers think that more time should be allocated to investigate crime cases or patrolling the crime-prone area or other crime-preventing initiatives. I wonder is this counter time only in SDK or all over the country?

But my other question is why in the hell that both police officer telling me that the counter is opened when it's not? Or they purposely mis-inform me so that I can make a round inside and realize how stupid I am being conned twice? Or this is what the force mean by BERHEMAH? If it is, then the education ministry should rewrite the 16 nilai murni for the Pendidikan Moral syllabus. By the way, is the 16 nilai murni still there?

UPDATE
RM80 gone. There goes my entertainment budget of the month. I learned that I can't appeal for it to be reduced to RM30 (err...yes, it's a repeat offense of parking at the non-designated area) if I pay at other police station and not the one that issuing officer from.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, ur balls still alright?
Sherry

Cruel Angel said...

The counter is OPEN = BUKA BUT there is no officer on duty!

You ask the wrong question la…

The polis is smart le!

Product of the System said...

Ha ha..
I can really imagine how it was.

I would really feel like a loser if that happened to me.

CK said...

yup POTS. i really did feel like one. even more when RM80 was gone. if i pay it in the issuance officer HQ, in this case Penampang, I can negotiate a discount and only have to pay RM30. how's ur "kursus" ?

CK said...

CA, the counter is TUTUP lah bro.

Maverick SM said...

5 hours is already too long... normally nobody pays; that's why the counter people also sleep somewhere.

steph said...

Tat's an "interesting" headline..hehehe... The 16 nilais with the 64 sub-nilais. I believe tat they cover everything under the sun - should be printed out poster-sized n pasted all around Msia to boost morale values.

CK said...

Mave,

Haha... u r right. I should count my blessing.

Steph,

U hav good memory. I dun remember there're 64 sub-nilai.

Bin Bin said...

Bolehland boleh ma...
5 hours per day, 5 days per week...
hmmmmm...

Maybe all drivers there follow the traffic rules strictly and seldom kena summons?

So the summons counter no need to be operating in long hours...

Bin Bin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.