Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Old Engine

I went to Padas for whitewater rafting in 2006, yes, with life jacket, as I do not know how to swim. One of the train coach that plunged into the Padas River is still not found yet. I guess it was "fished" out and dismantled into valuable scrap metal by now. When I was on it for the rafting trip I thought the ancient and palpable condition of the train is something unique, it's just like those we saw in typical TVB drama depicting the old Shanghai with no window and extremely loud engine roar. But I guess it's more than unique but safety is paramount when a lot of people depend on it to travel from Tenom (last station) to KK.

3 comments:

steph said...

...yet to travel in 1 of these....seen the tracks in kk but never the trains...i rmb the excitement of seeing the tracks last time but when a grown-up tells u it's no more in service, u js take her words for it n never question abt it again...was deceived...

Cruel Angel said...

i havnt tasted it yet...

Should be my next aim when i go back next time!

CK said...

steph,

parents always lie to us haha....

CA,

u should try the rafting as well.