Monday, May 18, 2009

For Good - Wicked (The Musical)

(Elphaba):

I'm limited Just look at me -

I'm limited And just look at you

You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda

So now it's up to you

For both of us - now it's up to you...

(Glinda):

I've heard it said

That people come into our lives for a reason

Bringing something we must learn

And we are led

To those who help us most to grow

If we let them

And we help them in return

Well, I don't know if I believe that's true

But I know I'm who I am today

Because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit

As it passes a sun

Like a stream that meets a boulder

Halfway through the wood

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you I have been changed for good

(Elphaba):

It well may be

That we will never meet again

In this lifetime So let me say before we part

So much of me Is made of what I learned from you

You'll be with me

Like a handprint on my heart

And now whatever way our stories end

I know you have re-written mine

By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from its mooring

By a wind off the sea

Like a seed dropped by a skybird

In a distant wood

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you

(Glinda): Because I knew you

(Both): I have been changed for good

(Elphaba): And just to clear the air I ask forgiveness

For the things I've done you blame me for

(Glinda): But then, I guess we know

There's blame to share

(Both): And none of it seems to matter anymore

(Glinda): Like a comet pulled from orbit As it passes a sun

Like a stream that meets a boulder Halfway through the wood

(Elphaba): Like a ship blown from its mooring By a wind off the sea

Like a seed dropped by a bird in the wood

(Both): Who can say if I've been Changed for the better?

I do believe I have been Changed for the better

(Glinda): And because I knew you...

(Elphaba): Because I knew you...

(Both): Because I knew you... I have been changed for good...

lyrics courtesy of www.metrolyrics.com

I do hope I changed for good.


1 comment:

TaylorSwift said...

The Wicked is one of my favourite musicals. I know all the words by heart so it was nice to remember again in your post. Thanks for bringing back some fond memories about the Wicked . This weekend I’m going to visit my sister and we get pretty good tickets to attend it again so I'll be analyzing as well as enjoying that show. Here:
http://www.ticketsinventory.com/theatre/wicked-tickets/