Tuesday, May 01, 2007

24th Apr - 3rd Day (Outskirt Angkor Wat Temples Excursion)

Korean invasion, seems like not only in the entertainment field with Si Hujan (Rain) and the other bunch of Korean dramas but in physical way as well. Besides Korean flocking in for the tourism business, they are investing and buying a lot of land in Cambodia. The latter move drawed some irks from the local Cambodians I talked to but I guess it's a balance and compromise you need to make. Lots of the land were bought for cultivation of agriculture purpose which in turns created some job opportunities.

Both the pics above were showing the Korean built areas. One of them is a university, which I think is a lauded move to improve the education level of the local Cambodians. Just hope that it's not some private university like in Malaysia with sky-rocketing fees to enrol.


Another contribution of the Koreans who built a road bypassing the town and the Angkor area.

Taken in Banteay Samre. My first stop of the outskirt excursion.

Banteay Samre with lots of greenish moss great for photography contrast.

To take this pic, I have to set the camera in timer mode with 10 sec gap and ran for the picture.

Oh, this is rather simpler with the shorter distance.

This strikes me some flash back with a pic I took in Italy 2 years ago [here]

Travelling alone is hard for photograph.

Banteay Srei: The most intricately carved temples about 1.5 hrs from Siem Reap.
Nicely carved temples with detailed design, distinctly brown tanah laterit.

Another shot at the Banteay Srei.

The Chronicles of Getting A Dream Picture

Setting the camera and getting the right angle, sorry for the butt shot of passer-by.

This gadis ayu dominating the door - my aim.

One went, another come...... still waiting........

She's still lingering around with another one came into pic as well...

Finally the million nano-second shot which turns out to be not satisfactory. Ai~~~~

Notice the lizard.



Leaving the Banteay Srei; final shot at the Temple entrance.

This is the starting point of the climb to the famous River of Thousand Linga (linga means penis).

Up up up we go...... Met 3 Singaporeans on the way, Jeffrey, Kin Yap and his girlfriend. We bumped into each other again the next day.

It's Vishnu carved on the stone, lying gracefully. You will notice Vishnu all around the place with striking lying pose.

The 5 linga (round shaped structure - OK, I dunno y it's round, dun ask me ~ I also think that it should be phallic shape) inside yuni (the female genital)

Another well-preserved Vishnu carved on the rock.

Another well-preserved carving.

This should be a waterfall during the raining season so I just have to use my imagination to relive the waterfall.

The carving of a frog.

Descending down from the river.

See the drying trees? Yes, it's THAT hot!!! I was virtually on a MOBILE TANNING SALOON riding on the back of a motorcycle with singlets. Kinda regretted it cox I should take off the singlet too as if I'm suntanning haha.... Now I'm sufferring the aftermath... the skins peeling off


If I remember correctly, this should be Siva.


Peeking the apsara from between the pillars.


Me in the temple ruins.

The false door.


Introducing Mr. Chuen................. He was my guide in this last temple I visited. Since the temple charged USD5, I am glad that at least the owner ( purported known to be a Korean ) gives us something out of what he charged. We went into the temple in some confusing-maze manner.

This man is 73 years old.......................................

Kid #1.

Kid #2.

A group photo.

Kid #3.

Kid #4.

Back to the Siem Reap town and that's the Royal garden.

Some aftevening snacks sold outside the temple near the Royal Garden.

It's about 5pm and the trees next to the temple was full of flying creatures and it was to my shock that the trees is full of BATS!!!

It's a Bird, It's a Plane. Oh no! It's a BAT!!!!


Ending the night with Yen, a French lecturer in Vietnam and Adeline from France in Bluepumpkin. And the ICE CREAM there was HEAVEN!!!

No comments: