Tuesday, May 01, 2007

22th Apr - 1st Day Siem Reap Excursion

Looks familiar? I did a shot similar to this with teh Vietnam guidebook and coffee instead. Taken in one of the restaurants in the Bar Alley in the heat of the afternoon, that explained the beer though I'm not a beer fans but the scorching heat of Siem Reap defied my so-so inclination to beer.

This is a USD4 room, which is an upgrade from my previous stay in Jasmine Lodge which cost USD2. With own bathroom and a ceiling fan instead of the wall ones, this upgrade was totally a wise one since the temperature is almost 34-35 deg C everyday.

Like what LP said, this wouldn't be out of place in London or Paris. The white minimalist design apparently is Philippe Starck. It's the Blue Pumpkin (though the color and signboard of the business show, neither blue nor pumpkin is anywhere to be seen).

Note that the musics played were from the iPod next to the bust of the Buddhist stature.

Part of the seatings are "bed style".

Enjoying my meal "on the bed".

My fish and chips with the yummy spring rolls as appetizers. It's NOT very expensive.

Note that the musics played were from the iPod next to the bust of the Buddhist stature.

After the yummy dinner in Blue Pumpkin I decided to walk around the city and guess who I bumped into??? It's Tina, the Couch Surfing member whom I had a drink with during my last trip to Siem Reap in January!!! Now you know how small the world is huh?
Oh yeah... she's cool, riding a tough bike with her friend roaming for food.

No comments: